Screenwriters Association (SWA) India invites you to a lively discussion on the art and craft of writing for web series. Featuring a panel of names behind some of the most popular shows across major streaming services and OTT platforms, we will be getting into the process of series development from both a writer’s and a producer’s point of view.
31 July, 2020 (Friday) | 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM IST
Ishita Moitra is a screenwriter based in Mumbai with experience ranging across films, TV shows, and web series. Some of her works include Half Girlfriend, Mere Dad ki Maruti, Bade Acche Lagtey Hai (TV show), Four More Shots Please! (Amazon Original web series), The Test Case, Romil and Jugal, and the upcoming film, Shakuntala Devi (on Amazon Prime video).
Puneet is an experienced screenwriter who made his debut as the co-writer of the satire film Bangistan, produced by Excel Entertainment. He also wrote songs for the film. Puneet was a part of the writers’ room of Amazon Prime’s first Indian original, Inside Edge. He was also the co-showrunner and lead writer of the highly acclaimed crime drama series Mirzapur, produced by Excel Entertainment for Amazon Prime and he is currently involved in the post production of next season of Mirzapur.
Pooja Tolani has co-written Sacred Games Season 2 (Netflix) and Verdict (Alt Balaji). She is currently in the writers’ room for an upcoming political crime series for a leading platform. She is an FTII screenwriting alumna.
Shreya Bhattacharya has been working as Creative Development Executive at Dharma/Dharmatic, and has been actively involved in the development of films like Guilty on Netflix. Prior to this, she has worked on the development of The Forgotten Army, besides dabbling as Script Supervisor on Thinkistan.
Debashish Irengbam is a Mumbai-based scriptwriter and novelist. He has written episodes for popular TV shows such as Adaalat, Dil Dostii Dance, Gumrah, to name a few. He is also the author of three novels – Me, Mia, Multiple, Charlie Next Door, Tune for the Dead (co-authored) published by HarperCollins Publishers India
TO REGISTER, FILL THIS FORM: https://forms.gle/ZGMdqN5ux4NKVPrF8
EVENT PAGE LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/285346655890729
1. This is a FREE ONLINE WEBINAR open to ALL SWA members and non-Members.
2. Limited spots available for the webinar invites, on ‘First Come – First Served’. (You might not receive an invite, even after filling the Google Form, if our spots are full.)
3. Registrants will receive the unique Zoom Webinar invite on their email ID ONE DAY prior to the webinar.
4. Submitted questions will be given priority by the panelists.
5. Panelists will try to answer a maximum number of questions but they might not be able to answer all of them. Participants are requested to cooperate.
6. Only questions that are strictly related to the subject of the webinar will be entertained.
7. The webinar will be streamed Live on our official Facebook page www.facebook.com/swaindiaorg
8. For queries, send an email to email@example.com