In its endeavour to establish amiable as well as mutually beneficial work relationships with producers’ organisations, SWA has added another feather in its cap. The Association has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Western Indian Film Producers Association (WIFPA). This agreement, signed by Shri Sunil Salgia and Shri Dilip Dalvi – General Secretaries of SWA and WIFPA, respectively, will enable smooth functioning of a Joint Dispute Settlement Committee (JDSC) between the two bodies. The MoU broadly covers the following pointers:
- SWA and WIFPA will jointly resolve any disputes and claims arising amongst its members and extend support to each other to take a strong action against its respective members who are found guilty of any proven instances of default.
- Upon receiving a complaint against a member of the other association, the complainant’s association will immediately inform the respondent’s association of the same.
- Both the organisations will set up Joint Dispute Settlement Committee (JDSC) meetings to hear such above complaints and jointly resolve the dispute.
- Decisions of the JDSC shall be binding on the complainant and respondent.
- If the JDSC is unable to arrive at a consensus, the respective associations may guide their concerned members regarding how to proceed with the matter.
- Both the associations will ensure compliance of their respective members to the decisions of JDSC. In case a member of either association refuses to comply then, the association of the defaulting member shall take a strict disciplinary action.