Motion Pictures Association (MPA), Screenwriters Association, India (SWA) and the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) have announced Launch Your Script – 2018, an outreach program for script development.
This is an opportunity for Indian screenwriters, SWA members as well as non-members, to submit their feature film scripts to win a grant of US $ 25,000. Screenwriters can enter this program by submitting online their one page synopsis, in English, for the first round. While one can send multiple entries, an entry fees of INR 1000/- shall be paid per entry.
MPA and APSA annually award four script development grants of US $25,000 each to APSA Academy members at the awards ceremony held in Brisbane, Australia. In 2017, SWA member Suman Mukhopadhyay’s script titled Paradise in Flames was one of the four recipients of the MPA APSA Academy Film Fund.
- Submission deadline of one page synopsis – July 17, 2018
- SWA announcement of select entries for submitting treatments – July 24, 2018
- Submission of treatments – September 5, 2018
- SWA announcement of winner for LATC program and top scripts for the script development grant (USD 25,000) by the APSA jury – September 20, 2018
- Select participants will be invited to the SWA Script Development workshop in Mumbai to be held on October 4, 2018
- MPA APSA Academy Film Fund recipients for 2018 announced at the APSA Ceremony on November 29, 2018