A Mental Health Awareness Workshop to help writers deal with psychological and emotional challenges of their field
A writer’s job is a tough one.
Not only do you have to deal with issues like uncertainty, rejection, disappointment and lack of motivation, the journey can be a lonely one as well.
In the past year, multiple cases of suicide and depression have been reported amongst scriptwriters in our industry.
Keeping this in mind, Screenwriters Association (SWA), India, has collaborated with Samaritans Mumbai – a mental health/ suicide prevention helpline institution – to organise a one hour long workshop, “Healing the Mind and Spirit”, to help our members learn how to deal with the emotional and psychological challenges of this journey.
We hope to make a positive difference amongst our members with this initiative and invite you to be a part of this journey.
DATE: November 29th, 2019 (Friday)
TIME: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
VENUE: SWA Office, 201 – 204, Richa Building, Plot No. B – 29, Off New Link Road, Opposite Citi Mall, Andheri (West) Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400 053
Event Page link: https://www.facebook.
About Samaritans Mumbai: Samaritans Mumbai is an institution providing emotional support for those who are stressed, disturbed or suicidal. Their aim is to help those driven with worry, despair, depression, isolation, anxiety and loss of self-esteem or are tempted to suicide. Anonymity and Strict Confidentiality is maintained. Volunteers, from all walks of life, are carefully selected for their ability to listen, accept, understand and empathise with those in crisis. Callers can talk to them about their innermost feelings and thoughts without fear of being judged or criticized. This listening service is non-political and completely secular, the emphasis being on total acceptance of a caller with his/her traumas and anxieties. Callers can also talk to their volunteers face to face at their Centre. Anyone needing professional care is referred to the Treatment & Counselling unit.
* This is a free event, which is open to ALL SWA members. To attend the event, please RSVP by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/D7pgyzaQAaswMvAA7
* This event is exclusive for SWA Members. However, in case there are vacant seats, the Event Sub-committee/SWA Management will be pleased to welcome Non-members.
* No confirmation email required. Show your valid SWA Membership Card at the venue.
* ‘First Come – First Served’ seating. Limited seats.
* Tea & Snacks will be served after the event.
* कार्यक्रम में सभी एसडबल्यूए सदस्यों की एंट्री निशुल्क है।चूँकि स्थान सीमित हैं, इसीलिए बेहतर प्रबंधन के लिए, हमें आपकी उपस्थिति के बारे में इस लिंक के माध्यम से सूचित करें: https://forms.gle/D7pgyzaQAaswMvAA7
* यह कार्यक्रम सिर्फ़ एसडबल्यू सदस्यों के लिए है। खाली सीटें रहने की स्थिति में इवेंट सब-कमिटी/ एसडबल्यूए मैनेजमेंट द्वारा ग़ैर-सदस्यों को भी आमंत्रित किया जाएगा।
* एंट्री के लिए ‘Confirmation Email’ की ज़रूरत नहीं। (सिर्फ़ कार्यक्रम के दिन अपना वैध एसडबल्यूए सदस्यता कार्ड अपने साथ लाएँ।)
* बैठने की व्यवस्था ‘पहले आओ – पहले पाओ’ के आधार पर रहेगी। स्थान सीमित।
* कार्यक्रम के बाद चाय-नाश्ते का इंतेज़ाम किया गया है।