The list of Finalists of the MPA-APSA ‘Launch Your Script’ Program (supported by SWA) is now out. SWA had received an overwhelming response for this outreach program for script development, more than 600 entries to be precise. Out of these, 38 titles were shortlisted (based on One Page Synopsis) in the last week of July 2018, and asked to submit 8 Page Treatments, by September first week. These entries were then evaluated by by SWA’s esteemed panel of APSA members to be submitted to the MPA APSA Academy Film Fund 2018 – namely, Mr Rajit Kapur, Ms Leena Yadav, Mr Rajan Khosa, Mr Mayank Tewari, and Ms Meenakshi Shedde – who were members of our selection committee.
The following are the Titles of the entries that were evaluated and shortlisted by them with due collaboration from them.
- Parakaya (by Islahuddin NS)
- Salsa (by Pankaj Nihalani)
- Yen Ken Prakaren (by Dinkar Sharma)
- Oh Carol (by Gayatri Sapru)
- Phurrr (by Anubhav Chopra)
- A Bihari in Paris/ Retrospective (by Kartikeya Sharma)
- 8 Days with a Militant (by Harshwardhan Patil)
- Freedom Flies (by Gaurav Saxena)
- Flowers in Autumn (by Omar Iyer)
- Beyond Virtual Reality (by Ritvik Kukreja)
- Undercurrent (by Christo Tomy)
- Typewriter (by Ravi Guria)
These entries will now be forwarded by our respective APSA panelists to compete in the MPA APSA Academy Film Fund 2018 in Brisbane, Australia. We wish them all the best! The results of the LATC winner shall also be announced shortly via mail.
A warm note of thanks from our side to each one of you who participated in this initiative and helped make it such a success. We wish you the best in your creative journey as well with many more landmarks along the way.