The last few years, especially 2018-19, have proved beyond doubt that without a good script – forget a good film – even a successful one is not possible today. On the other hand, so many ‘small’ films have had extraordinary runs simply because they had wonderful scripts backing them.No wonder then, that there’s a mad scramble in Mumbai for good scripts and for good writers, in every language.
Hence, we need more writers to up their game. By learning the craft of writing seriously, and by continuously upgrading it, polishing it.
Venue: MCCIA, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, Maharashtra
Email ID: email@example.com
Limited Seats only!
- One day on the basics of screenwriting. Thinking up interesting PLOTS, discovering credible, empathetic CHARACTERS that breathe life into the plot. Giving an appropriate STRUCTURE to the screenplay. All this by referring to great examples.
- One day dedicated just to SCENE DESIGN & DIALOGUE. Even with the best story and the most wonderful characters, your script can fail if your scenes are flat and your dialogue unnatural. We look at examples of wonderful scenes to learn how to write them.
- Half a day on MYTHOLOGY, and how our two epics continue to influence modern Indian screenwriting and what can screenwriters learn from them.
- Half a day on Joseph Campbell’s ‘HERO’S JOURNEY’ which offers rich insights into the underlying structures and rhythms of all forms of storytelling.
- Half a day on ADAPTATION – how to create strong screenplays from existing sources like novels, stories, plays. Again with reference to good examples.
- Two guest masterclasses. With SRIRAM RAGHAVAN (writer-director of Andhadhun) and with JUHI CHATURVEDI (writer of Piku, Vicky Donor)
- One session on PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE – contracts, fees, copyright, legal information, SWA’s role, etc.